Thursday, February 2, 2012

Shows, publications, and lectures in 2012

I can hardly believe it's 2012, which I'm sure is due in no small part to the fact that my first winter in Chicago still hasn't really arrived.  It is a lovely 45 degrees outside, and I'm writing this blog post with my windows open.  Bizarre.  In any case, 2012 is shaping up to be a very exciting year.  Here's a bit of what's happening (or going to be happening) in roughly chronological order:

I'm thrilled that new work from Transcendence was recently included in F-Stop Magazine's Portrait Issue along with quite a wonderful group of portrait photographers.


Two of my images, Landen and Hunter, will be included in "Lust" at the Jennifer Schwartz Gallery in Atlanta, Georgia.  This show was curated by David Bram, the editor and publisher of Fraction Magazine.  I am thrilled to be a part of this show and work with this wonderful gallery. 

Landen, 2011

Hunter, 2011

In March, I'll be heading to San Francisco for the Society for Photographic Education conference and am looking forward to seeing familiar faces and meeting new people.  If you're going to SPE, drop me a note and say hi!  I'd love to meet up with other photographers while I'm there.

My photograph Gregg was juried by Todd Hido into the SPE Member show taking place at the RayKo Photo Center Gallery.  I'll be at the opening reception on Saturday, March 24 from 6-8 pm and I'd love to see you if you're on the west coast or in town for SPE. 

Gregg, 2011

In April, I'll be heading to Boston to give artist talks at Berklee College of Music, Massachusetts College of Art, the School of the Museum of Fine Arts, the Art institute of Boston, and Harvard University.  I'm excited to be heading back to my old stomping grounds and visiting the classes of Shellburne Thurber, Bruce Myren, Anthony Scibilia, Gina Kamentsky, and David Hilliard.  I also have a photo, JulianAnton, in the MassArt auction, which I'll get to see while I'm in town.

JulianAnton, 2011

I've got a couple of publications on the horizon as well.  Berklee College will be publishing new work  from Transcendence, along with an artist interview, in their visual arts magazine, Fusion.  Wellesley College is publishing a selection of work from Coupled with an introduction by Karen Irvine, Curator at the Museum of Contemporary Photography, in the Wellesley College Women's Review of Books.  I'm also in the design phase of a book of work from Transcendence, so expect more information about that in the near future. 

Lastly, I'm planning a solo exhibition of my newest work at the Schneider Gallery in Chicago from September 7-October 27, 2012.  I'll post more information on that show as it gets closer.  I'm looking forward to showing in my new city! 

And, of course, amidst all of this, I'm busily making new work, which includes working on a brand new project and also making a series of handmade, intimate artist books.  I'm looking forward to seeing what the rest of 2012 brings!

No comments:

Post a Comment