Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Several shows and a book

New Work at Gallery Kayafas

Wow, it has been a very busy month.  I am right in the thick of preparing for my show New Work at Gallery Kayafas, which opens April 15th and runs through May 28th.  I am showing work from two new projects, one of which is A Moment Collected: Photographs at the Harvard Art Museum and I am releasing a book of the same name.  The book contains 49 photographs from the series along with an essay by Mary Malloy and an interview with Shellburne Thurber.  I couldn’t be more excited about this book- it has been an amazing process to put it together and collaborate with these inspiring folks for the written part of it.  



In addition, I will be showing work from my project A Place so as to Stay and am thrilled to see the prints, which are primarily triptychs, on the wall.  

Dad in the woods, 2009
Printing Dad in the woods

This is the first time I’m exhibiting work from either of these projects and I’m super excited.  We’re having two events- one of which is a book release- and I’d love to see you there.  The book will be available beginning April 15 at the gallery and also on my website here.


Jess T. Dugan: New Work
Gallery Kayafas
450 Harrison Avenue
Boston, MA

April 15-May 28, 2011

Opening reception and book release: Friday, April 15th  5:30-8:00
First Friday reception:  Friday, May 6th  5:30-8:00


Gender Matters/Matters of Gender

I am also excited to have work in the exhibition Gender Matters/Matters of Gender in the Freedman Gallery at Albright College along with fellow Gallery Kayafas artist Caleb Cole.  This exhibition was curated by Judith Tannenbaum, the curator of contemporary art at the RISD art museum.  I wish I could see it in person.  If you're anywhere near Reading, PA, check it out:

Gender Matters/Matters of Gender
Freedman Gallery at Albright College
March 23-April 20, 2011




Shellburne Thurber: 9 Wellington Street exhibit opening this Saturday

Shellburne Thurber's exhibit 9 Wellington Street opens at the Barbara Krakow Gallery this Saturday from 3-5.  If you are anywhere near Boston, I'd strongly suggest you make it.  Shellburne is an incredible artist.  

Shellburne Thurber: 9 Wellington Street
Barbara Krakow Gallery
10 Newbury Street
Boston, MA

March 19-April 26, 2011
Opening reception: Saturday, March 19  3:00-5:00

Below is an older photograph of Shellburne's, but her show will contain all new work and is certain to be a treat.

Chesson House: Bedroom corner with broken windows - view #1, 1998

No comments:

Post a Comment