Thursday, December 23, 2010

Transcendence- Jesse

I have recently been making a lot of new photographs for Transcendence, shooting in color and collecting stories from my subjects.  I am only in the beginnings of this new part of the project, but I'm very excited about it.  Yesterday I got my first batch of color negatives back, and below is one of my favorite portraits of a wonderful person, Jesse.

Jesse


"For years I thought that what I had been feeling inside would eventually dissipate.  I was afraid that I'd lose people.  I never really felt like a man or wanted to be a man, I just knew I wasn't a woman and I wanted to be comfortable with my body and for the dysphoria to go away.  I wished I could be comfortable being somewhere in between.  I longed to know what inner peace felt like.  Though I now look like a man, blending in in the world and never standing out, I still feel like I'm somewhere in between except now things finally feel right.  That's the only way that I know how to explain it.  My identity is ever-evolving.  Today, I am just a happy guy who happens to be trans and queer.  Ask me next week and it will likely have changed a bit." - Jesse

6 comments:

  1. Thank you Jess. It was definitely a pleasure to sit for you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Jesse! You were wonderful to photograph. Looking forward to seeing you soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Holy hell he's hot. I wonder if he'd marry me. :)~

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have a feeling he would. Twice if you're lucky. ;)

    ReplyDelete