Friday, September 3, 2010

Help support Open View on Kickstarter!

 
Violet holding eggs, from Open View, 2010

Hello friends, supporters, and fellow rabble-rousers,

I hope you are all enjoying these last few days of summer (especially in Boston, where we're having a heat wave)!

I am thrilled to announce my Kickstarter campaign to raise funds for my new photography project, Open View.  For the next year, I will be documenting Open View Farm, a small, peace and education focused fiber farm in Western Massachusetts.  Open View is a very special, amazing place. Not only is it focused on the critical issues of farming, raising animals, and learning to be self-sufficient, it also promotes peace and education across all issues and fosters an environment where everyone is welcome.

In order to raise funds for this project, I have launched a print sale and fundraising campaign through the popular website Kickstarter.  I'm aiming to raise $5,000 in the next 45 days so that I can continue to document this wonderful and important place.  This is a great opportunity to get cool prizes, such as postcards featuring images from the project and original prints of images taken on the farm, and help me to continue to photograph this amazing place over the next year. 

What is Kickstarter, you ask?  Kickstarter is a funding platform for creative projects.  It works by introducing creative projects to a wide audience of creative people who would like to support these projects and get great prizes in return.  It is built on the idea that if enough people donate, even $5, amazing things can happen! 

I'd really appreciate it if you check out the project and the Kickstarter campaign here:

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1050064896/open-view-farm-a-photography-project

And please spread the word!

No comments:

Post a Comment