Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Update and new show announcement

Hey folks!  I've been away from the blog a little bit recently because I've been making a lot of new work at the farm for my project Open View (which is now on my website, although in its very beginning stages).  Last weekend, I spent three days there and made a whole new batch of portraits and am anxiously awaiting my film's return from the lab.  More photos from that series will be posted here soon!

I'm also thrilled to announce a group show that I'll be a part of this fall at the McIninch Art Gallery at the Southern New Hampshire University in Machester, NH.  The exhibition, titled Some Notes on the Eternally Conflicting Demands of Humanity (Not 'Femininity!') on Art, is being organized in conjunction with academic programming.  It is exciting to me to have my work used as a starting point for a dialogue around meaningful issues, and hopefully as a way for viewers to understand and humanize all of the complicated issues surrounding gender and gender identity.

I will be exhibiting 7 images from The (Trans)Gender Series alongside work by Caleb Cole and Triiibe, artists who I greatly admire.  It is truly a privilege and an honor to be in a show with these folks and I can't wait to see our work together in one space.

I'll be sure to repost the information at a closer date, but show details are below:

Some Notes on the Eternally Conflicting Demands of Humanity (Not 'Femininity!') on Art

A group show featuring work by Jess T. Dugan, Caleb Cole, and Triiibe.
McIninch Art Gallery
Southern New Hampshire University
Manchester, NH
September 20 - October 23, 2010
Opening Reception:  Wednesday, September 22, 5:00-7:00 p.m.


Nikki, Asheville, North Carolina, 2006


The Pink Kitchen, 2008


Abstinence Eve


No comments:

Post a Comment