Sunday, July 25, 2010

CampOUT and a new photo

In a few hours, I'll be making my way to The Farm School in Athol, MA, the place where I was first introduced to the world of farming.  This coming week is CampOUT, a farm camp experience for kids from queer families, and I'm returning to be a counselor, something I've done almost every summer for the past 8 years.  The entire experience is incredible, from the farming to the discussions about what it's like to be from a GLBT family.  As a queer person who also has queer moms, I fit right in and find the entire experience inspiring, exciting, and rewarding. 

Before I go, I'll post a new photo from my farming series, Open View.  I have a stack of negatives yet to scan, so more are coming soon.

Violet, 2010, from Open View

No comments:

Post a Comment