Friday, March 12, 2010

New Project (fingers crossed!)

I did my first shoot of a new project on Wednesday, and I can't wait to get the film back!

I should preface this all by saying the majority of my work is black and white, environmental portraiture using natural light and often very slow exposures. For my new project, I am going opposite in every direction. I am shooting portraits with color film against grey seamless, and with strobes! And what fun the first shoot was. Since I have just begun, it will likely be some time before I make any of the new work public, but I can say that the subject matter called for the change in format and medium, and I'm excited to be trying something new.

My fingers are crossed that I did everything right (at least technically) and I'll have some nice new color negatives come next week. Here's hoping.....

No comments:

Post a Comment